350g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2.5cm pieces and 1cm thick
40g almond meal
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla paste or vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt flakes
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
¼ c desiccated coconut
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the pumpkin (no oil added) in a lined tray with baking paper and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the roasted pumpkin with a fork until completely smooth. Transfer the mashed pumpkin to a container and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow it to cool completely.
- Take the mashed pumpkin out of the fridge, transfer to a mixing bowl and add almond meal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT, almond butter, cinnamon powder, vanilla paste, salt flakes, and nutmeg. Mix the mixture well to combine.
- Roll tablespoon portions of pumpkin mixture into balls. You will form 7 balls.
- Roll pumpkin balls in desiccated coconut until all are coated.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.